Monday, May 2, 2011

Holding on Hope

*Disclaimer: The lyrics of the first two verses do not reflect my current feelings. They are inspired by past events and what I felt then.



It's over.

I finally get it, it all makes such perfect sense now.

Still love her,

But I should forget it, and let it all go somehow.

I cry out in pain and despair,

But it's quiet 'cause no one's there...



No more holding on hope,

I let go of this rope,

'cause I know that this is the end.

As I fall to the abyss,

I look back and reminisce,

to the time when we still were just friends.

But in the end, I never could make amends...



She hates me.

If anyone asks, just tell them the facts so they know.

I screwed up,

and left her alone so that I could go home, why'd I go?

Well I've shed so many tears,

and it seems that only God hears...



(repeat chorus)



But suicide isn't the answer, or the cure for insanity's cancer...



So I'm holding on hope,

Got a grip on my rope,

'cause I know that it's not the end.

I will climb 'til I'm free

Of the pain haunting me,

and the heartbreak I felt in my chest.

Get some rest, and I'm finally on the mend.



I found her.

She's just right for me, it seems meant to be. It all makes such perfect sense now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment