Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Don't Look for Me

I started out with all the best intentions,
But instead I drove them all away,
Through all the drugs and countless interventions,
I never got to find my brighter day.
So now I'm lost without a smile this season,
No one to hold me or to dry my tears,
And I'm so tired of searching for a reason.
Nobody loved me, it's my greatest fear...

[Chorus]
So don't look for me, 'cause I'm no longer there
Don't wait for me 'cause I no longer care
Don't say my name in mourning,
Don't shed a tear for me.
You were never there when I needed you to be.

I gave my best but still I'm left with nothing,
So why should I continue here to try?
When I only ever wanted to feel something,
Besides the cold embrace of hateful lies.
And I have made mistakes, it's true I've faltered,
But I am not the wretch that they perceive.
If their view of me was only slightly altered,
Maybe they could finally believe.

I have grown so weary of this battle.
I fight a war I'm never going to win.
So I'm packing up, farewell to old Seattle,
I hope to never grace your streets again.
Just tell them all I'm sorry that I failed them,
I hate to let you down but I'm so tired.
They say Hell's road is paved with good intentions,
And I'm sick of trying to put out friendly fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment